Contact UsHow can we help you? Refer to the topics below, or feel free to call our office at 601.982.8418.
Print subscriptions can be ordered online, however if you would rather contact us directly to order or discuss, please contact us at 601.982.8418, ext. 70 OR 1.844.303.8418, ext. 70. Or you can email us at email@example.com. If you choose to email us, please include your address and phone number.
Mississippi Magazine's Mailing Address
Our mailing address is:
P.O. Box 16445
Jackson, MS 39236
Our street address is:
5 Lakeland Circle
Jackson, MS 39216
Change of Address
Please provide your old and new address along with your phone number.
601.982.8418, ext. 70 OR 1.844.303.8418, ext. 70 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letters to the Editor
We would love to hear from you. Please send your feedback to:
Do you have a story idea for Mississippi Magazine?
We could not possibly cover this state without suggestions from our readers, and we appreciate your contributions. So that we can get to every submission in a timely manner, we prefer preliminary queries to completed manuscripts. Please familiarize yourself with our magazine to get an idea of what types of articles we publish. We reserve the right to edit any article for clarity, space, and style. We respond to queries as quickly as possible, but due to production deadlines, please allow eight weeks for a response.
If you have an idea for a story:
- Please fill out an Article/Idea Submission Form here. We apologize that we cannot accept queries by phone.
- If available, attach pictures within the electronic form.
If you would like to write regularly for us:
- Send a cover letter specifying what types of articles you are interested in writing (people, food, events, history, etc.)
- Include a few writing samples and a resume.
- If you have a specific story idea, please follow the directions for “If you have an idea for a story” above.
Please allow 8-12 weeks for a response regarding your story idea. Send the information requested above to: email@example.com
We invite you to become a part of the Mississippi Magazine family of advertisers. We publish positive stories reflecting Mississippi’s rich traditions and heritage and focus on the contributions the state and its natives have made to business, sports, the arts and more. As the state’s premiere lifestyle publication, we provide a view of the Magnolia State that showcases the finest Mississippi has to offer.
That includes our advertisers! In fact, a recent reader survey shows that 93 percent of our readers are personally involved with our advertisers, having called about a product, purchased a product, visited a shop or used an ad for ideas. It’s why we call our advertisers “family” — you are as much a part of our reader appeal as articles and photographs.
When you advertise in Mississippi Magazine, you are reaching an upscale, influential, desirable market. The fact that three-quarters of our readers keep their magazines more than 6 months means your ad has a nearly permanent shelf-life.We’re proud of our state and proud of our magazine, and sincerely want you to become a part of the best of Mississippi: Mississippi Magazine !
Mississippi Magazine was launched with its first issue in September/October of 1982. Since this time the magazine has become a reading staple for Mississippians. Mississippi Magazine is a bimonthly publication that celebrates the positive points of our state—from interesting people and places to homes, gardens, food, history, culture, special events, and more.
The Mississippi Magazine internship program is designed specifically for college students who seek a career in publishing. It also provides colleges and universities with a venue to offer students experience to build their resume and give them an advantage necessary in today’s job market. We accept applications for graphic design, sales and marketing/social media, and editorial/writing positions.
Please note: Mississippi Magazine does not offer compensation or provide housing for interns, but does work with colleges and universities to allow for college credit.
- For Editorial and Sales/Marketing positions, submit application packet with a cover letter to:
Melanie M. Ward
PO Box 16445
Jackson, MS 39236
- For Graphic Design/Creative positions, submit application packet with a cover letter to:
PO Box 16445
Jackson, MS 39236
- Application Deadlines:
Spring (January – May) Due: November 15th
Summer (June – August) Due: March 30th
Fall (September – December) Due: June 15th
- Applications must be received by midnight on the designated due date. If the deadline falls on Saturday or Sunday, the following Monday will be the due date.
A complete application packet includes:
- Completed application form (see pdf link below)
- Personal essay detailing the student’s interest in publishing andÂ Mississippi Magazine, what they hope to gain from the experience, what they hope to contribute, overall plans for their career, information regarding courses taken, previous internships, positions on a school publication, and publications regularly read
- Two letters of recommendation from one or more of the following who know the student\’s abilities well:
b. Department head
d. School newspaper or magazine advisor
e. Other related advisor/employer
- Addtional items, specific to area of interest
For editorial consideration: 2 published writing samples (if available, not required)
For creative consideration: a portfolio containing up to 10 pieces of work
All applications must be typewritten. Incomplete applications, or applications with poor grammar, syntax, or spelling will not be considered. Any and all application materials become the property of Mississippi Magazine and will not be returned.
Interns are chosen based on the magazine’s current needs and evaluation of the completed application package. Strong consideration is given to students with publication, journalism, or production experience. Specifically, students who demonstrate the following:
- Academic courses in English and/or journalism, (including writing, editing, reporting, advertising, graphic design, public relations, marketing, or photography)
- Involvement in a campus publication (magazine, newspaper, or newsletter)
- Applications are due by midnight on the date specified. All applications are reviewed and applicants will be notified within four weeks following the closing date.
- Once an applicant is notified of acceptance, they must provide written confirmation of their intention to accept the position within two weeks, via email or USPS.
Please do not contact the magazine for application status.
Calendar of Events
To submit an event for our Calendar of Events, please email the details at least 2 months before our publish date to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Richard Roper | Publisher
Patty Roper | Editorial Director
Melanie M. Ward | Editor
Cyndi Clark| Art Director
Katie Lee | Advertising Art Director
Meredith Enger| Special Projects Director
Jessica Woods | Business Manager
and Special Events Director
Arlette Thompson | Office Manager
(Advertising Inquiries Only)
Libby Garland | 601.594.3852
Cambi Burnham | 601.927.3403
Karla Johnson | 601.540.8791
Ashlee Jacobs | 662.607.3240
Beth Johnson | 601.498.3641